- Jim Allen: President
New York Apple Association, Fishers, NY (http://www.nyapplecountry.com/)
Board of Trustees, US Apple Association (http://www.usapple.org/)
- Phil Baugher: Co-owner
Adams County Nursery, Aspers, PA (http://www.acnursery.com/)
Chair, US Apple Association Research Committee
- Henry Bierlink: Director
Washington Red Raspberry Commission, Lynden, WA (http://www.red-raspberry.org)
National Berry Crops Initiative (http://www.nationalberrycrops.org/)
- Chalmers Carr III: CEO
Titan Peach Farms, Inc., Ridge Spring, SC (http://www.titanfarms.com/default.asp)
Board of Directors, South Carolina Peach Council (http://www.scpeach.com/about.htm)
- Robert Curtis: Senior Manager, Production Research
Almond Board of California, Modesto, CA (http://www.almondboard.com)
- Bill Dodd: President
Ohio Fruit Growers Marketing Association, Newcomerstown, OH (http://www.ohioapples.com/ohio_apples_fgma.htm)
Board of Trustees, US Apple Association
- Bruce Grim: Director
Washington Marketing Associations, Wenatchee, WA (http://www.themarketingassociations.org/)
Executive Director, Washington State Horticultural Association (http://www.wahort.org/)
President, Board of Trustees, US Apple Association
- Rick Harrison: Vice President of Global Variety Development
Driscoll Strawberry Associates, Watsonville, CA (http://www.driscolls.com)
- Philip Korson: President
Cherry Marketing Inst., Inc., Lansing, MI (http://www.cherrymkt.org/)
- John Lott: President
Bear Mountain Orchards, Inc., Aspers, PA (www.bearmountainorchards.com)
- Kevin Moffitt: President
Pear Bureau Northwest, Portland, OR (http://www.usapears.com/)
- Tom Stokes: CEO
Tree Top Inc, Selah, WA (http://www.treetop.com/)
Board of Trustees, US Apple Association
- Gary van Sickle: Research Director
California Tree Fruit Agreement, Reedley, CA, (http://www.eatcaliforniafruit.com/index.asp)
- Dr. Albert Abbott: Professor, Dept of Biological Sciences, Clemson University
Research areas; structural genomics of Prunus, sequencing of peach genome
- Dr. Pere Arús: Head, Plant Genetics Dept., Institut de Recerca i Tecnologia Agroalimentàries (IRTA), Cabrils, Spain
Research areas: molecular tools for plant genetics; comparative genomics and application of molecular markers in Rosaceae breeding. Co-PD: European Integrated Research Project ISAFRUIT (http://www.isafruit.org/Portal/about.php).
- Dr. Joe Avari, Professor of Judgment and Decision Science, Michigan State Univeristy
Research areas: testing theories of decision-making in the absence of formalized decision support; developing decision aids to improve decision quality.
- Dr. Frederick Bliss: Professor Emeritus, Univ. of California, Davis and Sr. Director, R&D Special Projects, Seminis Vegetable Seeds, Woodland, CA
Research areas: genomics, genetics, and breeding of fruit and vegetable crops; research administrator in pubic and private sectors; commercialization of breeding products.
- Dr. Robin Buell: Assoc. Professor, Dept. of Plant Biology, Michigan State University
Research areas: genomic aspects of plant biology and plant pathogens; high throughput sequencing, functional genomics, comparative genomics, and bioinformatics (http://www.plantbiology.msu.edu/faculty/faculty-research/robin-buell/).
- Dr. Lailiang Cheng: Assoc. Professor, Dept. of Horticulture, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
Research areas: plant nutrition, fruit physiology, molecular, cellular, and whole plant response to abiotic stress in apple, cherry, grape; undergraduate and graduate education (http://hort.cals.cornell.edu/cals/hort/people/faculty.cfm?netId=lc89).
- Dr. Susan Gardiner: Principal Scientist, Plant & Food Research, New Zealand
Research areas: leads Gene Mapping Team integrated with PFR breeders in several Rosaceae crops, including, apple, apple rootstock, pear, peach/nectarine and apricot.
- Dr. Kim Hummer: Supervisory Research Horticulturist, National Clonal Germplasm Repository (Corvanllis, OR)
Research areas: expertise includes the conservation of fruit, nut, and specialty crop genetic resources. Her present research passion involves the study of ploidy in strawberry species. She also actively studies genetics of a wide range of crops.
- Dr. Carolyn Ross: Asst. Professor, Dept. of Food Science, Washington State Univ.
Research areas: sensory analysis and consumer preferences of fruit and fruit products, including fresh and processed apple, pear, and cherry and wine (http://sfs.wsu.edu/facultystaff/Ross.html).
- Dr. Phil Simon: Research Geneticist, USDA-ARS and Professor, Dept. of Horticulture, Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison
Research: vegetable breeding and genetics; biochemistry of culinary and nutritive factors, terpenoids, and sugars in carrots and garlic (http://www.horticulture.wisc.edu/faculty/facultylist.php). Vice Chair: U.S. Plant Breeding Coordinating Committee (http://cuke.hort.ncsu.edu/gpb/pr/pbccmain.html)
- Dr. Jessica Goldberger: Asst. Professor, Dept. of Crop and Soil Sciences, Washington State Univ.
Professional interests: agricultural knowledge, science, and technology (http://css.wsu.edu/people/faculty/soils/Goldberger/Goldberger.htm)
- Dr. Peter Hirst: Assoc. Professor, Dept. of Horticulture, Purdue Univ.
Professional interests: tree fruit production systems and physiology, physiological genetics of flowering and fruit development in Rosaceae; state Extension specialist; undergraduate and graduate education (http://www.hort.purdue.edu/hort/people/faculty/hirst.shtml)
- David Karp: Associate, Agricultural Experiment Station, UC Riverside
Professional interests; freelance food journalist and photographer
- Dr. Mercy Olmstead: Asst. Professor, Dept. of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture, Washington State Univ.
Professional interests: extension specialist in berry production systems (http://hortla.wsu.edu/people/molmstead.html)
- Dr. Ron Perry: Professor, Dept. of Horticulture, Michigan State Univ.
Professional interests: extension and research in cherry and apple orchard systems (http://www.hrt.msu.edu/faculty/perry.htm)
- Clark Seavert: Professor and Center Director, North Willamette Research and Extension Center, Oregon State Univ. Professional interests: economics, risk management and decision tools for ornamental, nursery, and berry crops (http://oregonstate.edu/dept/NWREC/Staff/Seavert/Seavert.html)
- Dr. Jamie Sherman: Asst. Professor, Dept. of Plant Sciences and Plant Pathology, Montana State Univ.
Professional interests: wheat genetics and Outreach Coordinator for USDA-NRI WheatCAP (http://plantsciences.montana.edu/facultyorstaff/faculty/sherman/sherman.html)
- Brian Sparks, Group Editor, American/Western Fruit Grower: Willoughby, OH
Professional interests: trade and web-based publication covering U.S fruit production (http://www.growingproduce.com/americanfruitgrower/)
- Dr. Chris Watkins: Professor, Dept. of Horticulture, Cornell Univ., Assoc. Director for Cornell Cooperative Extension Professional interests; postharvest physiology and management of apple, pear, peach, and cherry; state-wide agricultural extension activities (http://hort.cals.cornell.edu/people/faculty.cfm?netId=cbw3)